Wednesday, May 26, 2010

irreplaceable water

Water is a beautiful thing and it has a story to share. It is something irreplaceable and at the foundation of all life. It is weaved in the very fabric of our physical being and through water and The Word we are baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and given new life.


One of my first posts on this blog is entitled, "Living Water." In it I talk about a plant given to me on my first day at Christus Victor. Now two years later the plant is still living. It has slowly become a spiritual discipline to water this plant. As I water it I take a moment to think of the ways that I am fed, watered, and nourished spiritually.


The truth is there is no new source of water - every drop that exists today was in existence at the earth's creation. No wonder why my soul has been disturbed by the oil spill due to our dependence and love of oil. No wonder why most people love to be on the shore of an ocean, lake, river, or creek. Water has the power to connect us to the earth, the creatures of the earth, and one another. The story and life of Jesus is even revealed in the use of water.


The following video reminds us of the power of water and that we get to live a new life through Christ.

No comments: