Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

I am not sure what I dreamed about last night but the oddest thing happened when I woke. First, it was weird to wake up before the alarm (that is not normal). Second, I had some jamming music going on in my head. Third, I found myself moving my shoulders to the music. Yes, the first thing I did this morning was dance - and I wasn't even out of bed yet.

It's not every morning that I am so inspired and I wondered what made this morning different. Then I remembered a phone call from the night before when I told my sister that our aunt informed me that she prays for us every night. Then my sister told me that she prays for me every night. I'm a pastor and don't often tell my family that I'm praying for them. I simply tell those who request prayers that prayers are being said for them.

Knowing that you're being prayed for changes the tune. This morning knowing I'm prayed for even led me to dance! This Thanksgiving let those you love know that you give thanks to God for them!


No comments: