Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What is your lens?

I wear glasses. Therefore, I have a choice I can make every day when I wake up in the morning. How do I want to see the world today? Through the lens that the glasses have to offer or without? Admittedly I see better when I wear my glasses but I do have to reach out and put them on it is a choice.

We also have social lens that we see life through. We have psychological, physical, emotional, and religious lens'.... These lens are not like my glasses where I choose to put them on or take them off. Instead, they are with me always even when I'm unaware. Yet, they do affect how I see the world.

I read books, listen to lyrics, listen to friends, and study Scripture often without noticing how my lens' change my experience.

Jesus Christ died, rose, and ascended to change our lens. Jesus Christ provides a transformation in our life that at the core of our being we can never be the same. Christ died so we don't have to die to sin. Christ rose so we can rise in praise. Christ accended so we can ascend with the Father.

1 Corinthians 15:10-11

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me has not been in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them-- though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we proclaim and so you have come to believe.

No comments: