Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Light

Since the winter months have arrived, the sun sets so early that I often don’t drive home until after dark. It takes a lot of time to adjust to the early darkness. It’s so dark outside at 6:00 pm that I often want to climb into bed at an abnormally early time. In the midst of this naturally darker time of year we celebrate Christmas.

As I drive home in the dark after work the drive changes slowly. I notice people begin to decorate their homes. Each day until Christmas Eve I see new decorative lights shining bright on my journey home. As the lights slowly go up on the houses it changes my normal drive home into a spectacular glowing journey. It suddenly becomes more beautiful to drive at night than during the day.

This Christmas season we celebrate a light born in the most unexpected of places in the most unique way. Christ’s birth reminds us that we may live in the assurance that Christ changes our lives daily into a spectacular glowing journey. The light of Christ brings unimaginable hope into the world.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: