Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What next God?!?

I'd recommend checking out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2naYghOqM0s

This is a song that a good friend sent to me when I was struggling. It's interesting that the song doesn't state things are going to get better. It doesn't try to tell us how to make things better. It doesn't assume that you're at fault for why things are bad. It simply states a reality of fear and struggle then encourages us to stand in the midst of the pain (the rain). After all, as the artist says, "you won't drown."

In baptism we are born new in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It doesn't mean that life will be easy.

Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all, "If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me."

Luke 14:27 Whoever does not carry the cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

But it does mean in the non-easiness of life we are given strength to stand.

Isaiah 40:29 God gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Romans 16:25 Now to God who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages.

No comments: