Friday, September 19, 2008

Moving to the Music

I love it when we worship together and the music is so vibrant that people begin to move. You know that moment when the music is sinking into your soul so much that you want to sing a little louder to express your emotions – or move your body with the music. As I was walking out of the sanctuary after my installation I noticed some movement with the music and it warmed my heart. Sometimes it takes a different beat to get us up out of the pew and moving in the world.

Jesus walked to a different beat. He was born of the Spirit, healed on the Sabbath, turned water into wine, ate with the tax collectors, encouraged people to love their enemies, and died to overcome death. I pray we all have the strength and inspiration to walk to a different beat in the world! Jesus showed us how much it makes a difference.

I would like to take a moment and thank everyone who was able to attend my installation as the Associate Pastor at Christus Victor. I would also like to thank everyone who was unable to attend, but was present with us in prayer. I know the Spirit will be with us as we move to the music and make a difference in the world.

1 comment:

Rus said...

Hey Dana, I forgot to tell you the other day that I was sorry I missed the Install but I had to be in West Virginia to do a wedding. None the less, your ministry is in my prayers.

Rus Yoak